[ale] perl nice'ness

List lst at wiencko.net
Sun Oct 7 09:44:59 EDT 2007

I had to deal with something like this a number of years ago, where
hundreds of scripts might have to be modified.  Rather than do that, we
wrote a cron job to scan the process pool every so often and renice
anything that popped up.  We also used the wrapper idea mentioned
previously as well.

I guess it all depends on what you are doing, how the scripts are
getting invoked, and whether you want to do it in the script code or
externally.  There are certainly a lot of techniques available depending
on the specific problem you have.

Tom