[ale] Is this really Ubuntu?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Oct 4 22:08:42 EDT 2007

Sounds like a bad download/burn or it just doesn't like your hardware
(it happens).

As another person pointed out, since you upgrade your base system only
once every 3 years or so, you need to look at distros with a longer life
span than Ubuntu (and fedora!). OpenSuse, CentOS and Debian (already
suggested) have a life in the field that is comparable to what you need.