[ale] Anyone doing Oracle RAC on Linux?

Philip Rodgers philipfromga at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 20:41:31 EDT 2007

We have tested Oracle RAC on RHEL 4 and RHEL 5 with ASM (no OCFS)  We
decided to go with RHEL 4 because I never could get the RDAC drivers
for the fiber HBA to work with RHEL 5.  It was a StorageTek 2450 by
the way.  It was very straight forward install on RHEL 4.  There is an
Metalink article concerning install on RHEL 5.  Also the handling of
raw devices is different on RHEL 5 which added to the install
difficulties but it worked great as long as I didn't use redundant
fiber connections.  Perhaps someone could shed some light on what to
do when using RDAC linux on RHEL 5.