[ale] OpenWRT

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Mon Oct 1 20:43:30 EDT 2007

On lun, 2007-10-01 at 19:15 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> I have OpenWRT on a WRT54Gv4 at home, and I recommend it highly.  I run
> openvpn on it and thus I can rdesktop into a PC at home and even print
> stuff on my home printer, even though I might be 3000 miles away.  ;-)

This reminds me of mine which is currently sitting up and away.

It won't boot any longer.  And I know that there is some way to force
the device to load a new firmware and do a complete reset.  It's been
long enough that I can't remember precisely why it won't boot.

Is there any way, without modifying the hardware, to attach it to my
network and push a new image to it, and force it to go back to an
absolutely stock configuration (whether the "stock" configuration is
OpenWRT or not, really)?

I have my server here now doing the routing and such for this network,
but it would be nice to have the wireless network back up and running
again without having to spend any money on another unit.  Of course, I
could just be being cheap.  :-)

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch                                   mike at trausch.us
home: 404-592-5746, 1                                 www.trausch.us