[ale] OpenWRT

David Tomaschik ozone at webgroup.org
Mon Oct 1 18:49:18 EDT 2007

If anyone here has any interest in OpenWRT/DD-WRT or other open-source
router firmwares, the Fry's in Duluth currently has about 5 refurbished
WRT54G v4s for $30 each.  These are hardware-identical to the WRT54GL
that retails for $80 ($62 on NewEgg).  I'm currently running OpenWRT on
two routers (a WRT54GL and a WRT54G v4) and it works like a charm.  Lots
of fun if you like to tinker, good stability either way.  The routers
are up on the top of the shelves in the row behind you when you are
facing the rest of the wifi routers.  If anyone has questions about
OpenWRT, let me know... it's pretty cool.

--
David Tomaschik
Moderator, LinuxQuestions.org