[ale] Extended or Global Clustering

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Nov 21 22:08:21 EST 2007

Dig up the docs from RedHat on their clustering solution. It is
specifically geared towards certain application (apache being chief -
um, ignore the pun there).

also take a look at DRBD - Distributed Remote Block Device. It's a core
component of the Global Filesystem that RedHat purchased and promptly
opensourced (after some code clean up for license reasons).

I don't have any "meat and potatoes" references as I'm also digging on
this topic as well. If you find something, post it back here please. The
RH docs are pretty good on how to use their stuff (and DRBD is included
- thing NFS on global steroids).