[ale] speedfactory issues

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Tue Nov 13 18:52:33 EST 2007

Sid Lane wrote:
> didn't they sell?

It's been at least a year ago.

> this makes me neither warm nor fuzzy...
>
> I can't blame those guys if they were ready to get out and were
> offered a fair price but the big reason for choosing them has always
> been competent tech support and their willingness to acknowledge the
> existence of linux.  if I'm going to start getting an offshore call
> center telling me I have to be running windoze I might as well go back
> to scumcast...

The support is still out of the same location off of Shallowford Rd in
Marietta.

> can anyone shed any more light on that situation?

They are having some growing pains, but I think we are on the down hill
side of that issue.  As I understand it, they've recently added
personnel to address the growth, but it takes time to train and such.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

  - Benjamin Franklin