[ale] How do you store your passwords?

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Fri Nov 9 16:47:10 EST 2007

On Fri November 9 2007 4:22 pm, Nick Ali wrote:
> Decrypting a file: gpg --decrypt foo
> Encrypting a file: gpg --encrypt --recipient user at whatever.com bar
> (probably also want to delete the unecrypted original as well)

ok, the decrypting was easier than the encrypting.. I did it this way, to look
for "national" from the file:
gpg --decrypt FILENAME.gpg|grep national

encrypting, I did
gpg --encrypt FILENAME pbc

pbc is a local user, and I have a private key for  paul:
gpg: encrypted with 1024-bit ELG-E key, ID 52C17B44, created 2007-02-13
      "pbckey <paul at pcartwright.com>"

so now I have the original FILENAME, and I have FILENAME.gpg

I can take that FILENAME.gpg, put it on my USB stick, and carry it around
safely.. I  think..
--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800