[ale] Oracle 12i users?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Fri Nov 9 11:26:19 EST 2007

We had 25 GB space for Oracle Binaries on the DB server and 25 GB space
for Application Binaries on the Middle Tier servers.   When our DBAs
started doing upgrades they asked for 50 GB in both those places and
THEN complained it wasn't enough once they started upgrading to R12.

The problem in the upgrade is they essentially keep the original stuff
in place while trying to do the upgrade build.   From a brief look I had
the other day after yet another complaint it appears they're only using
about 19 GB after the upgrade is complete.   (We forced them to use
other spaces temporarily for the builds.)

You might want to create an NFS mount that is big enough to store the
install stuff and do the build but make them build into a permanent
mount that is much smaller (e.g. the 25 GB)   Just do it one Middle Tier
server or environment at a time.