[ale] Ext2/3 Windows Driver

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:02:44 EST 2007

On 11/7/07, Preston Boyington <preston.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> Calvin Harrigan wrote:
> > Has anyone used the ext2/3 driver found on
> > http://www.fs-driver.org
> > Seems decent enough, just looking for someone who has used it.
>
> i used it with a portable usb drive.  never had any issues that i can
> recall.

Or you can go the other way around via the ntfs-3g driver for linux
(via fuse).  We started doing that a couple months ago.  And OpenSUSE
10.3 has it built in.  (Had to added from a separate build repository
in 10.2).

FYI: ntfs-3g is a full read/write ntfs driver.  Our testing has been
pretty light internally, but i did not see anyone complaining about
data loss when I was researching giving it a try.

Greg