[ale] elive

Brian Pitts brian at polibyte.com
Wed Nov 7 13:38:00 EST 2007

Preston Boyington wrote:
> anyone tried ELive?
>
> http://www.elivecd.org/Main/About.html
> http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=elive
>
> i'm looking at the livecd and like what i am seeing so far.  i am just
> wondering how things go after the install.  from what i am reading it
> uses the stable Debian repository, so i would think that backports would
> not be out of the question.
>
> my biggest "concern" is kernel upgrades, although with stable that might
> not even be an issue.

I tried the E17 packages for Ubuntu yesterday. [1] Enlightenment would
frequently segfault when I played with the panel configurations.

I don't care for ELive because they make you pay to download the stable
version (which is actually newer than the development version).

-Brian

[1] http://packages.elbuntu.org/ubuntu/