[ale] Diebold => Premier Election Solutions

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Sun Nov 4 12:15:18 EST 2007

Diebold, maker of voting machines (that many, including myself, consider
too insecure to be trusted) has changed its name to:

     Premier Election Solutions

I suspect that the name Diebold has gotten a very bad rep. even in the
general media.  I would count this as a substantial win for those of us
who want trustworthy voting.

Also, the State of Ohio has ordered independent analysis of its voting
machines before the 2008 Presidential election:

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&taxonomyId=13&articleId=9042919&intsrc=hm_topic

Recall that California recently gave a similar order a few months ago.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]
Quality spam and virus filters.