[ale] Plaxo Pulse

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Thu Nov 1 14:25:58 EDT 2007

On 11/1/2007 at 8:33 AM Greg Freemyer wrote:

>I just got invited to join "Mark" at Plaxo Pulse.
>
>I can't even tell if that is pure spam, or if someone I know named
>Mark actually invited me.
>
>That is truly irritating.  I'm going to treat is as spam, but I
>thought I would vent a little here.

RUN!  As fast as you can!  And tell Mark he's signed up with a company as close to slimey as possible without actually doing something completely illegal.

Plaxo's been around a long time due to its agressive marketing tactics to sales weasel types, whom all seem to universally be running Outlook.  What I do is go into my 'details' at Plaxo and delete everything, then write a terse letter to the individual who thought it was okay to divulge my personal information to a third-party without my consent or knowledge.

Venting here is okay, just make sure you vent at Mark, too.  ;c)

Cheers,
Robert~

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

SIXIT Consulting