[ale] IP Address reconfigruation in Cent OS 5 (RHEL 5.0)

Jerald Sheets questy at gmail.com
Sun May 13 22:17:44 EDT 2007

Have a peek in

/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/

and see if you have multiple profiles.  For instance, you make changes
into an as of yet unnamed profile, but when you reboot you get jumped
back into "default".  Also, check to see if you've got multiple Nics
in the box.

Also, check in /etc/sysconfig/networking/devices

See if you have multiple devices configured with different info.  If
so, you might want to go in and delete all instances of network
hardware, save, and on reboot see that you still have no
configuration.  If so, you can build a default configuration from the
ground up...  That might fix the issues you're having too.

Definitely a strange one, though.

--j

---
Jerald M. Sheets jr.