[ale] SUSE software update not working

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Fri May 4 09:22:30 EDT 2007

Paul,
I've found under 10.2 that zmd worked okay.  To reduce the footprint I stopped using zen and started using the you update applet.  Either way, the opensuse update problems in 10.0 and 10.1 are fixed.  If a repository isn't available then the update functions won't work right no matter which update method you use.  I've had problems in the past with smart, zmd, and any update process when a third party repository or main repository was offline.
Dow