[ale] Wordpress set up

Terry Bailey terry at bitlinx.com
Tue May 1 18:43:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am trying to follow the sequence of steps to set up wordpress mu.

I have done the following to set up the database.

If you have <http://codex.wordpress.org/Glossary#Shell>shell access
to your web server, are comfortable with using the command line, and
your MySQL user has the
<http://codex.wordpress.org/Glossary#Permissions>permissions to
create MySQL users and databases, you may follow the example session
below to create your WordPress username and database.

$ mysql -u adminusername -p
Enter password:
Your MySQL connection id is 5340 to server version: 3.23.54

mysql> CREATE DATABASE databasename;
Query OK, 1 row affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON databasename.* TO "wordpressusername"@"hostname"
     -> IDENTIFIED BY "password";
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.01 sec)

mysql> EXIT
Bye
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have set up wp-config.php.

I have placed all the wordpress files and directories in the document
root of apache (i.e., /var/www/html) on Fedora core 5

The instructions then say

If you installed into the root directory of your web site, you would
visit http://192.168.1.56/wp-admin/install.php.

But, there is no install.php in /var/www/html/wp-admin.

The only thing close is index-install.php in /var/www/html.  But when
I try to use this, I get the following:

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL which is
required for WordPress.

I hate to be so long on this, but does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Terry Bailey