[ale] posting

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue May 1 15:14:01 EDT 2007

How do you convince and organization that is so tight with security that
they lock everything down to allow you access to their office from home?

Some of this "security" is a joke.  We sell devices that communicate
back to a central server on port 5000.  Many firewalls block that
outbound but assume (incorrectly) that all port 80 traffic is web.  I
just configured and eth0:1 address on our server and redirect all
traffic on port 80 of that address to port 5000 on the same server.
Works great!