[ale] How do I get to run level 3? Ubuntu 6.10

Dan Lambert danlambert at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 29 10:03:06 EDT 2007

On any of the Ubuntu boxes that I have, you can always hit the Escape
key while Grub is loading at boot up, and it will take you out of the
normal boot mode and bypass the graphical splash screen.

Once you are at the boot menu, you can chose which kernel to boot, and
whether you want command line or not. One can chose what kernel to boot,
normal or recovery mode, and easily work everything form there without
having to worry about pre-setting a runlevel.

Dan