[ale] FC& Trouble

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Mar 20 12:15:13 EDT 2007

Igor Kresnik wrote:
> Greeted
> Have graphically card radeon 9550. Monitor turns off to me after
> approximately 15 minutes work in FC. am install driver from ATI web page
> and is still equal
> Monitor is LCD Philips 170C
>
> regards
> Igor

Does this happen while you are working on the system such as editing
files or graphics, or while system is inactive?

If inactive check your settings for screensaver under preferences
(assuming you are using gnome).Check for time setting "Regard the
computer as idle". Adjust slider if you want this to kick in, otherwise
uncheck option "Activate screensaver when computer is idle". Also I know
on my LCD there are settings internal on the display itself. Check those
to see if it has any settings to turn off display after a certain amount
of time activite.