[ale] The door prize helped

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 19 23:04:40 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 22:46 -0400, James Smith wrote:
> After trying and playing with suse10.2 and hitting the wall. I installed
> Ubuntu from the book I won as a door prize. With hours of persistence
> and the help of the Official Ubuntu Book, and the web site I got my dell
> printer to work.
>
> So I now have taken my first successful steps into Linux

Congratulations James, you are now headed towards years of personal
education and enjoyment (as well as a little frustration and
head-banging along the way) ;-)  I am a bit disappointed to hear that
Ubuntu printing problems caused you so much grief, but I'm glad you
stuck with it and I know you will enjoy using Ubuntu.

Best wishes,

-Jim P.