[ale] RHEL 5 is out

Randy Ramsdell rramsdell at livedatagroup.com
Thu Mar 15 17:02:06 EDT 2007

Greg Freemyer wrote:
> On 3/15/07, Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 10:47 -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:
>>
>>> For commercial stuff I'll stick with RH over Suse since at least they
>>> haven't sold out to M$.
>>>
>> :-) I've sworn to never go with either of them personally.
>>
>> -Jim P.
>>

> Stirring the pot, but what do you guys think about the below part of
> the latest Novell / MS roadmap.
>
> Copied from page 5/6 of http://www.moreinterop.com/tca-roadmap.pdf
>
> Personally I like it a lot and it would not have come about without
> the Novell/MS contract.
> Personally I like it a lot and it would not have come about without
> the Novell/MS contract.

Personally the deal with MS just bothers me and I would never say things
like.

"Personally I like it a lot and it would not have come about without
the Novell/MS contract."

Do you really think M$ wants to lose market share to Linux deployments?
I mean REALLY? Please, lets just be real.  It is amazing how people will
just forget all the crap that MS has pulled over the years and be happy
about some simple interoperability help from MS.

rcr