[ale] Partiton Magice and raid 1 support?

Jim ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Thu Mar 15 07:50:52 EDT 2007

I have a client that is fairly Windows centric but would like to
repartition one of his Linux servers using Partition Magic.  I know PM
can handle partitioning of ext3 file systems OK but his disks are also
mirrored.  Is that a problem for PM?  I figured if PM doesn't know about
raid, they might be able to repartition each disk separately and hope
that the software wouldn't mind.

I know there are better ways to repartition however these guys aren't
the ones I'd turn loose with e2resize, especially on a mirrored disk.

Does anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks,
Jim.