[ale] SUN VM

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Mar 13 14:18:05 EDT 2007

Now you've done it - you made me look back at notes.

Found a link for the presentation I mentioned:

http://www.prefetch.net/presentations/SolarisVirtualization_Presentation
.pdf

The site to discuss Solaris Zones:

http://www.opensolaris.org/os/community/zones/

My impression was that it wasn't just "jails" but actual virtual
machines.   The "sparse zones" have the shared base I was speaking of so
I guess you might consider those "jails" of a type but the non-sparse
are full system installs that don't share base.   I haven't used it.
Didn't see anything on the site indicating it was allowing Windoze yet
but didn't look very hard either.