[ale] SUN VM

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Tue Mar 13 12:16:11 EDT 2007

Sun does have a VM software.   I saw a presentation about it at AUUG a
few months back.  It runs on Solaris 10.   It was pretty snazzy - would
let you share base operating systems if you wanted between VMs so that
for Solaris installs all using the same version you only had to load
Solaris once then create customized partitions for the unique stuff
needed in each VM.  The plus was you could update the patches on that
base and automatically have all your VMs of the same type updated.  The
downside being if you didn't want to have all the VMs run the patches
you'd have to do a base install for each VM.

I recall at the time it would let you create Solaris and RH Linux VMs
but don't recall whether it did Windoze.  Even if it didn't then it may
by now.