[ale] Disk Format Question - Best choice for 500 Gig?

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Mar 12 17:18:56 EDT 2007

On 03/12/2007 02:52:56 PM, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
> Get two; make one of them ext3 or xfs, and make the other fat32.
> Rsync
> between the two; take the fat32 one out for show and tell.

<<snip>>

I like it! I like it! Cann't do it at the moment, but I like it.

It looks at the moment, fat32 is going to be my best bet because of the
need for mobiliy for uninitiated show and tell. ext2 to follow as soon
as possible, for an eye to reliablitly of the file system. (Well, that
and I do prefer to live with the native filesystem on my system)

Thanks to the group!