[ale] Disk Format Question - Best choice for 500 Gig?

Tom Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Mar 12 17:18:35 EDT 2007

On 03/12/2007 03:20:11 PM, Brian Pitts wrote:
> Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts wrote:
> >
> > Am I nuts? Is there a better choice of format or better
> > approach altogether?
> >
> There's an ext2 driver for OS X and Windows. I'd prefer it to a
> filesystem that has a 4GB filesize limit and, in my experience,
> corrupts
> data every chance you give it.
<<snip>>

Neat!! There are ext2 drivers for OS X & Windows! I should have
suspected as such, but since I do very little with OS X, and even less
with Windows (pretty close to zero), I'm not familiar with what is
available to those environments.

Since I don't have admin priveledges for some of the machines I
probably need to hook up to, I'll probably need to stick to the fat32
for the moment, until I can get a second higher capacity drive to use.
Still, great news to me, and a really appreciate the clue!!