[ale] Barcode expert needed

Bjorn Roche bjorn at xowave.com
Sat Mar 10 17:21:57 EST 2007

Hey all,

	I'm using barcode4j to convert MCNs [1] into barcodes. I'd like to
find someone who understands how bar codes work in retail in order to
confirm that the generated barcodes are correct and correspond to the
right thing, and will do the thing that users expect. I've read a
bunch about this and I've even learned to squint at these things and
actually read them with my eyes, so I'm pretty sure I've got it all
right, but this is part of my software I'd rather leave out than
screw up, so I'm looking for an expert to make sure I got it right.

	So, the job is simple: spend a few moments with my software (the
relevant parts of which will run on any platform with Java 1.5),
confirm that the barcode types are correctly labeled and appropriate,
print a few barcodes and test them, and maybe explain things to me a
bit, so I can use the right terminology in my documentation. This
should be a quick and easy job for someone who understands this
stuff, and I will pay a reasonable compensation for your time.

	Please contact me directly if you're interested. (If you have
something to share with the group I appreciate being CC'ed, since
sometimes things get lost in my mail-filters.)

	Many thanks,

	bjorn

[1] Media Catalog Numbers, used as part of CD-audio subchannel data,
and closely related to UPC and EAN numbers. The exact relationship
eludes me, but I think the MCN and EAN numbers are identical, 13
digit numbers and can be derived from the 12-digit UPC with a leading 0.

Bjorn Roche
XO Wave
Digital Audio Production and Post-Production Software
http://www.xowave.com
http://blog.bjornroche.com
http://myspace.com/xowave