[ale] md5sum weirdness on firefox

timothy at meanor.net timothy at meanor.net
Wed Mar 7 11:39:40 EST 2007

[snip]
>>Uh oh.
>>
>>So first off, I discover that rpm --verify isn't giving any
>>output:
[snip]

That's actually good.  rpm --verify only produces output when one or more of the files in the rpm have changed in some way since install (md5sum, permissions, etc).

>>I'm starting to wonder if maybe somebody rooted me. Either that, or
>>SELinux is breaking things in some horribly silent and opaque way YET
>>AGAIN.

You could always edit /etc/sysconfig/selinux and set SELINUX=permissive so that it only logs warnings instead of enforcing the policies.