[ale] mplayer fun

Sergio Chaves sergio at turbocorp.com
Wed Mar 7 06:00:09 EST 2007

Works fine here.

On Monday 05 March 2007, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out why I'm having some mplayer streaming problems.
> Can someone else see if they can get this stream to play for more than 5
> minutes without mplayer hanging.
>
>  mplayer mms://media2.bloomberg.com/btv_US200.asf
>
> I'm using mplayer v0.99+1.0pre8-0ubuntu8 (Ubuntu Edgy) and I can't get
> reliable streaming videos for anything.... except, of course, when the
> video is displayed in a semi-distorted (probably due to decoding issues)
>
> Also, if you can get that stream to play in any other player please let
> me know how. ;-)
>
> Thx,
>
> -Jim P.

"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great
ordeal of meeting me is another matter."--Sir Winston Churchill, on the eve
of his 75th birthday
----
  . .                                                     . .
   v                Sergio Chaves                 v
 /(_)\          Linux User #221305           /(_)\

 This transmission (including attachments) may be: (1) subject to the
 Attorney-Client Privilege, (2) an attorney work product, or (3) strictly
 confidential to Sergio Chaves, LLC.  If you are not the intended
 recipient of this message (or authorized to receive for the intended
 recipient), you may not read, retain, disclose, print, copy or disseminate
 to anyone this information. If you have received this in error, please
 reply and notify the sender (only) by reply email, and destroy all copies
 of the message (including any attachments). Unauthorized interception of
 this e-mail is a violation of federal criminal law.