[ale] mplayer fun

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 5 20:56:44 EST 2007

I'm trying to figure out why I'm having some mplayer streaming problems.
Can someone else see if they can get this stream to play for more than 5
minutes without mplayer hanging.

 mplayer mms://media2.bloomberg.com/btv_US200.asf

I'm using mplayer v0.99+1.0pre8-0ubuntu8 (Ubuntu Edgy) and I can't get
reliable streaming videos for anything.... except, of course, when the
video is displayed in a semi-distorted (probably due to decoding issues)

Also, if you can get that stream to play in any other player please let
me know how. ;-)

Thx,

-Jim P.