[ale] Comcast problems?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 09:46:08 EST 2007

On 3/2/07, Paul Cartwright <paul_tbot at pcartwright.com> wrote:
> On Friday 02 March 2007 07:25:40 am Christopher Fowler wrote:
> > Are we using their DNS servers? Why? Use your own. Don't use theirs.
>
> are you saying I should setup my own DNS servers? I guess I'm not DNS savvy,
> is this a router function?

Paul, you use SUSE right?

If so set it up via YAST.  Very easy and make it a caching server only.

Then configure your network to request dns from yourself.  It you have
multiple boxes and one of them tends to be on all the time make it
your dns caching server.

FYI: Last I tried dns fallback is really slow so only have a machine
serve dns to other machines if it truly is available for them to use.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group