[ale] Comcast problems?

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Thu Mar 1 23:14:27 EST 2007

Hi,

Is anyone else experiencing issues with comcast?  I'm not exactly sure
what's going on, but attempts to access Web pages are failing.
Everything appears to work fine for a few minutes, and then kaput.  The
slightly odd thing is that existing connections (such as the ssh session
from which I'm writing this email) stay up, but new connections fail.
It seems to be a cyclical thing, though - i.e. it'll work for a few
minutes, then stop working for a few, then start working again...

My first thought was that it was a DNS issue, but attempts to access
sites by ip address fail as well.

Any thoughts?  Or could this be a problem with my router / vonage /
something else?

Thanks,
--George
George Carless ... kafka at antichri.st