[ale] Need a lotus sametime client command line tool for linux

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 1 17:40:45 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 15:30 -0500, Ned Williams wrote:

> Hey Ale'rs I post this just in case anyone else has had to interface a
> home grown linux app into a Lotus Sametime IM enviroment. I found a
> library called Meanwhile that will do it but it only works with Gaim
> on linux...and sadly there is no Command line interface for Gaim to
> send and receive messages from....anyone else know a way to pull this
> off?

Hey Ned. Long time, etc., etc., .....

You need Meanwhile for Python.
http://meanwhile.cvs.sourceforge.net/meanwhile/meanwhile-python/

Meanwhile also supports 4 clients (Adium, Gaim, Kopete, Proteus)
http://meanwhile.sourceforge.net/plugins/

Btw, I use Gaim+meanwhile at work despite periodic protests and
threats. ;-)

-Jim P.