[ale] OT: SPAM is winning

greg.freemyer@gmail.com greg.freemyer
Sat Jun 30 20:25:31 EDT 2007

I'm not seeing it.

Maybe the google filters are catching them.

I have several of my coworkers setup on gmail an have all email
forwarded on to their preferred e-mail.

Gmail stops a lot of spam before forwading.

We use the gmail domain e-mail, so that made it easy to setup.

Greg
here

On 6/30/07, Scott Castaline <hscast at charter.net> wrote:
> I have suddenly started receiving an increase of SPAM. I thought I had
> finally got the situation under control, but now I'm receiving what
> looks like scanned in images as the message and the attachments are
> PDFs. To make it worse they seem to be cloning legitament email
> addresses, so I'll initially think they are legit, never mind my
> filters. Some of the email addresses are ones from people that I know
> but when I dig through the header in a text editor it definitely is not
> coming from who it says it is. Anybody else getting this? Anyone know of
> a way around this?

Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group
Forensics for the 21st Century