[ale] OT: License restrictions (reasons why?)

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Mon Jun 25 14:20:57 EDT 2007

That kind of language is very common in EULAs and is basically a way for
the manufacturer to say that their stuff isn't "human-rated" in the way,
oh, the Space Shuttle's guidance computers are.  So, they're saying, if
you use our stuff to do brain surgery and it crashes and perferates
someone's medulla in the process, it's your bad.