[ale] Printing problems

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Sat Jun 23 16:51:17 EDT 2007

Dr. Brian J. Dowd wrote:
> Hate to recommend this ... but
> what is your HP printer? Have you tried checking all of your settings via
> the Toolkit software on your CD (which, naturally, only runs on windows)?
> There seem to be a lot of settings on my 2600n which can't be reached via
> the menus. My 2600dtn was the same way :-(

PSC2610v. My wifes pc is Win2K no problems. Mine is FC6, and as
mentioned earlier didn't have any problems before I tried to upgrade
hplip from 1.6.12 to 1.7.4a. I had lost everything after the upgrade. I
had as recommended removed the old version first and then installed the
new one. I wasn't able to reinstall the printer either from hp-setup or
the gnome gui printer setup, never mind through the cups web interface.
After 3 hours I finally gave up removed 1.7.4a and tried to reinstall
1.6.12, with no change. I removed hplip again manually then reinstalled
through YUM and got it limping along. I then removed everything that I
could find that had to do with hplip and cups in YUM, rebooted,
reinstalled, rebooted, then allowed the software update update all of
the packages. I was then able to reinstall the printer in hp-setup.
However these other problems have shown up since then.