[ale] Open-source software license manager - OT Driving

Michael B. Trausch michael.trausch at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:29:35 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-06-22 at 14:21 -0400, Jeff Lightner wrote:

> ??we? do not consider??
>
> I?m pretty sure I didn?t have any input on those rules and the
> (anti)Patriot Act would have been a lot different if it had been me
> writing it.  I wasn?t talking about whether we were free or not but
> just saying I felt the analogy wasn?t a good one.

Pardon my mis-speaking.  I meant to say that "we as a country", "we"
being the collective entity of the United States of America's Federal
Government, State Governments, and subjects thereto.

I certainly think that traveling is a freedom that any person should
have.  Then again, I think that all people should be free only to the
point where said freedom would directly impose on the freedom of
another.  There are many people, though, that do not agree with me---or
agree with me, but not strongly enough to feel compelled to do anything
about it, accepting the current status of things and saying things like
"why try?  We're the most free country in the world, right?"

I think somewhere along the way, relative standards became "good enough"
for the masses, and they stopped focusing on the absolute standards that
probably should be.  Though, I don't think that most Linux users are
anywhere near the same category as the masses.

    --- Mike

--
Michael B. Trausch
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Phone: (404) 592-5746
                          Jabber IM:
           michael.trausch at gmail.com
Demand Freedom!  Use open and free protocols, standards, and software!
Support free speech---it is the most valuable freedom we have!