[ale] MBA schools

Brian Stanaland brian.stanaland at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 07:17:36 EDT 2007

Kaplan University has a good selection of business degree programs.  My wife
is working on her BS in business accounting.  I just started the BS in
information tech.  The school is accredited and the classes tend to be
pretty challenging.

http://www.kaplan.edu/ku/schools/business/default.aspx?School=Business?&MainTab=Program&loc=0

Brian

On 6/22/07, Jeff Hubbs <hbbs at comcast.net> wrote:

> Georgia Tech pushes a technologically-bent MBA program; I considered it
> at one point but chose to go after a more technical advanced degree
> (involving GIS) instead; I was accepted but was unable to start.
>
> Anyway, see http://mgt.gatech.edu/programs/mba.html
>

> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > I know (from almost teaching there - turned down the offer as I was
> > going through their "instructor training") that UoP is one step away
> > from a diploma mill.
> >
> > Online stuff is nice if it's done well. However, the teaching paradigm
> > used in on-line-only doesn't work very well.
> >
> > I _strongly_ recommend a real, face-to-face educational environment. I
> > understand time pressures but there is no comparison. It's the
> > collaborative student/mentor process that makes it all click.
> >
> > Of the schools in the metro Atlanta area, most have MBA's. Emory is very
> > well respected but the least flexible time wise and most expensive. Ga.
> > State has a very flexible time schedule, is affordable (especially if
> > it's your dime) and is also very well respected. UGA also has MBA
> > offerings using satellite schools. I can't speak to them other than to
> > note they exist. The GSU stuff also has some satellite classrooms as
> > well (I think).
> >
> > On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 14:15 -0400, Brandon Colbert wrote:
> >
> >> I have decided to go for the MBA, but know I can't decide between the
> >> schools. Has anybody heard anything about the following schools:
> >> University of Phoenix, Argosy, Western Governs University
> >>
> >> I work full-time and have a business on the side, so the online will
> >> be the only way for me.
> >>
> >> What is the opinion from the list?
> >>

> >> --
> >> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> >> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> >> believed to be clean.

"Anyone who has the power to make
you believe absurdities has the power
to make you commit atrocities."