[ale] Heading OT? Re: Vinyl to CD

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Wed Jun 20 22:33:07 EDT 2007

On Wednesday 20 June 2007 06:43 pm, Christopher Bergeron wrote:
> Why doesn't ALE form a co-op (or something similar). ?Then ALE could ?
> buy rarely used, but highly useful equipment like this and rent it ?
> out to fellow users. ?It would only require about 15 people renting ?
> it at $20 a pop to justify the cost. ?I know I'd pay $20 a couple of ?
> times to use it, and there are probably a few people here and there ?
> that could use something like that, but just that haven't seen the ?
> need or haven't spoken up yet.

Yes! My vinyl collection is too small to justify *buying* anything
expensive, but it would be well worth $20 bucks. Possibly even a bit
more... I have tried riping with my 25 year old record player and it
sounds like crap.

If this works out I would also be intersted in a slide scanner co-op.
--
William