[ale] OT: Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD

Brian Schenken brian.schenken at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 07:11:55 EDT 2007

For a long time I've thought HDDVD would win, for no better reason
than the name.  "HD DVD makes sense.  WTF is a blueray?!?"  But with
blockbuster announcing that it will be supporting only blueray at it's
locations, I think Blue Ray may be unstoppable.

Personally, we bought an LCD TV with RGB input, so I'm happy playing
HD content on a PC hooked up to it.