[ale] Heya folks! Any suggestions for a geek moving to/near Atlanta?

Danny Cox danscox at mindspring.com
Sun Jun 17 14:11:49 EDT 2007

Brian,

On Sun, 2007-06-17 at 12:16 -0400, Brian Schenken wrote:
> Well we made it to Atlanta - what a beautiful place!

	Congratulations, and welcome!  Glad you made it!

> We've spent Friday and the weekend house hunting.  We found one in
> Lawrencville that we really like, any thoughts on that area?  The
> house we are looking at is near a middle school that is rated 9/10 by
> greatschools.net.  It looks great to outsiders like us...

	My mailing address is Lawrenceville, but I'm just outside the northern
Lilburn city limits.  We like it, except for the traffic, but I've just
recently begun working for Scientific Atlanta, and the commute is
excellent for me (going against traffic a whole seven miles ;-).  My
wife is a nurse working in the Northside Hospital area (top end
perimeter), and it's 18 miles for her.  Her commute rather sucks.

	We don't have kids, so I have no insights into the school situation,
but the area is okay for us.  We've been in our current house about ten
years, and we're not looking to relocate anytime soon.

	The one item I'd like to see more of in the area is non-chain
restaurants.  We have plenty of restaurant chains, but they all see to
get stale after a while, y'know?  Of course, if that's the worst
complaint I can come up with, well....

	You probably already know this, but I'll say it just to be sure: before
moving into a sub-division (if you do), make sure you know all of the
covenants and that you can live with them.

	I've rambled on long enough, so I'll shut up now.  Good luck!

Danny