[ale] Welcome back to the ALE list

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 08:39:51 EDT 2007

I, for one, was definitely quite confused... but thanks for the update, and
I'm happy to be back :)

WMM

On 6/14/07, Chris Farris <chris at vitalpowers.com> wrote:

> No, it didn't go away, your mail server wasn't bouncing messages, I
> didn't leave in a huff.
>
> Sometime on Monday someone subscribed to the list with a unicode email
> that didn't jive with the version of mailman ALE was running. So rather
> than learning python, I dumped the list members, un-subscribed everyone,
> and re-added everyone. Alas, I missed the flag "don't send unsubscribed
> people email". Oops.  Anyway that didn't fix it, but upgrading to the
> latest version of mailman did and all seems to be happy now.
>
> The other thing I fubared was not separating out the digest from regular
> members. So if you are a digest member, you're getting individual emails
> again. I apologize, you'll need to click on the link at the bottom and
> re-sign up for the digest. I'll refund your money this month for the
> inconvenience.
>
> That is all.
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Farris                            chris at vitalpowers dot com
> The Exercise of Vital Powers            404 806 1403
> http://www.vitalpowers.com

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2