[ale] Welcome back to the ALE list

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Jun 14 08:12:47 EDT 2007

On 06/14/2007 08:04:49 AM, Chris Farris wrote:
> No, it didn't go away, your mail server wasn't bouncing messages, I
> didn't leave in a huff.
>
> Sometime on Monday someone subscribed to the list with a unicode email
>
> that didn't jive with the version of mailman ALE was running. So
> rather
> than learning python, I dumped the list members, un-subscribed
> everyone,
> and re-added everyone. Alas, I missed the flag "don't send
> unsubscribed
> people email". Oops.  Anyway that didn't fix it, but upgrading to the
>
> latest version of mailman did and all seems to be happy now.

<<snip for brevity>>

I was about to panic there. Glad to see that _I_ hadn't messed up!

Guess I should be grateful that there was a problem, 'cause it reminds
me to publicly say "Thanks". I continue to enjoy the ALE list, and
appreciate the work done behind the scenes to keep things going.

Thanks to all the volunteers here. The results are appreciated