[ale] [Possibly OT] Any AIM users out there?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy.bouse at undergrid.net
Sat Jun 9 01:12:48 EDT 2007

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> It seems that America Online has blocked GAIM users from using the AOL
> Instant Messenger service.  Can anyone confirm that?  I had someone tell
> me today that they were unable to access AIM through GAIM, but when they
> installed Pidgin it worked again.

	If AOL is blocking GAIM users it's news to me, although wouldn't be
surprising. I'm logged on to AIM right now using GAIM without any
issues. If installing Pidgin solved the problem your friend had then it
could have been a problem with the routines in an older version. Not
like that wouldn't be the first time an update has had to be made to
GAIM/Pidgin in order to work around a new "feature" an IM provider put
in place to thwart third party clients.