[ale] Evolution data migration to a new install

Jim Seymour jim at wingbarscafe.com
Wed Jun 6 15:19:01 EDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 14:11 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 10:09 -0400, Jim Seymour wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Could not find anything on a proper way to do this. I have a Debian box
> > with Evolution 2.6.3 that is my original box. I have built a new box
> > with Gentoo running Evolution 2.8.3. Does anyone have a reliable method
> > of transferring all of the data from one Evolution install to the next?
> > Surely, there is a utility somewhere that can reliably do this since it
> > does not appear it was built into Evolution. I have tried rsyncs and
> > copying various databases over to no avail.

Isn't it weird that they didn't provide a way to cover this situation.
There are some new experimental pluggins for backup and restore and I
have those pluggins on both installs. Funny thing is that it didn't even
create the backup file :-\ I will keep playing with that for now. My
email is imap so that is not the issue. The major problem is the
calender. Things like anniversary and first date and other special days
that I need help staying on top of are the major issue. Mission critical
application.

Thanks,

Jim