[ale] VMWare and Firewall

timothy at meanor.net timothy at meanor.net
Mon Jun 4 15:52:16 EDT 2007

You could use the NAT virtual network for the VMs (it's VMnet8 in VMware server, if that's what you're using).  With this set up, the VMs can see each other, and the VMware server host acts as the default gateway.  Apply the ip tables rules to the host interface that is on the NAT network ("VMware Network Adapter VMnet8").  Of course, this doesn't work if hosts on other networks need access to the VMs (e.g. via ssh).