[ale] Good bang-for-buck mobo/cpu?

zeb n4zm at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 4 08:23:41 EDT 2007

I bought an ECS motherboard (and a matching CPU) from Fry's.  Sorry, I don't
remember model numbers.  The salesman at Fry's said that about 70% of the
boards were returned as defective.  Mine was.  I got a refund, but finding
out that I had a defective board was something of a pain (not to mention the
gasoline).

I later got an MSI board from Microcenter; it was o.k,

Zeb