[ale] Vista Stupidity

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 11:06:46 EDT 2007

All,

I need an answer to this, but I'll look elsewhere.  I just thought you
guys would appreciate this.

One of the guys here has a new vista based machine he is trying to
setup.  He needed to edit C:\autoexec.bat.

Even as administrator he had no permission to edit.  He looked for any
type permission issue and found nothing.  He decided to make a copy,
edit it, delete the original and copy back the edited copy.

He was successful doing the first copy, the edit, and deleting the original.

Vista won't let him copy the file back into C:\.  Apparently that
whole directory has some high-level protection that even an
administrator can't add a file to the directory.

Don't you love user-friendly software.

I understand the Apple ads more and more as I here people try to use Vista.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer
The Norcross Group