[ale] RHCE cert or Novell SUSE cert?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 12:39:58 EDT 2007

On 7/31/07, David Tomaschik <ozone at webgroup.org> wrote:
> Greg Freemyer wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > I have a client that may pay my "tuition" to get a current Linux Admin cert.
> >
> > Likely I would want to do this in the next few months, so maybe by the
> > end of Oct.
> >
> > Is training for either of these routinely in Atlanta?
> >
> > Greg
> >

> Have you looked at LPI?

My client is willing to pay due to some HP requirements.  I don't
think HP is accepting the LPI as a stepping stone to their bigger
certs.

Currently I have 4 Tru64 certs of various flavors that HP is going to
expire, so I need to replace them with one of RH/SUSE/HPUX/openVMS.
I'm obviously learning towards RH or SUSE.

I also have a RHCE 3.0, but I routinely use SUSE, so it is a toss up
which one to get.

FYI: Someone else said RH is more common and I agree, but my biggest
client is Ford and they use SUSE in their datacenter I believe.  (The
project I support is still Win2003, but someday I hope to get them to
transition it.  There is really no reason not to.  We use a J2EE
stack.)

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer