[ale] Suse vs. Ubuntu. Is is worth the time to switch to ubuntu?

Evan Pitstick bikingnerd at comcast.net
Tue Jul 31 11:59:11 EDT 2007

As always your distro is alot about your preference but I would say yes.
Ubuntu is quickly becoming the most popular distro in the world if it
isnt already. I have always liked it because of its Debian underpinnings
coupled with newer repositories and not quite as large a stigma on
non-free. Ubuntu has the ease of instillation and user friendliness as
well as a HUGE amount of community documents because of the amount of
users. The next ver. will have compiz-fussion on by default so that you
can have a great amount of desktop bling with a very user friendly
distro. I guess what I would say is that it will be an adjustment but if
your are thinking about it try it. It has a live CD for just that reason
and the install goes so easy there is almost no reason not to. Having
said that like anything if you are going to try it be willing to stick
it out for a while so you get a real trial with it. If you have any
specific questions about it just e-mail me directly if you want.